Yuki Onoe is a partner and Co-Head of the Chemical Practice Group. Ms. Onoe also serves as head of the Tokyo office and is a partner in the Life Sciences and Litigation Practice Groups. Ms. Onoe prepares and prosecutes U.S. patent applications in the areas including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, optical materials, and battery components. Ms. Onoe is particularly skilled in the interdisciplinary areas involving artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML) and the chemical/pharmaceutical technologies. She provides legal opinions and counseling, and assists clients in pre-litigation investigations, discovery, and post-grant proceedings.
Ms. Onoe has previously worked at a patent law firm in Osaka, Japan. She also worked at an IP boutique in Chicago where she focused on prosecuting chemistry-related applications.
A Japanese national educated both in Japan and the United States, Ms. Onoe is particularly skilled in communicating with Japanese companies and explaining various issues involving legal and technical matters.
- The John Marshall Law School (J.D.)
- Computational Linguistics
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Professionals - selected as Top Patent Professional (2019-2020)
- Phi Delta Phi
- U.S. Patent Procurement (Application Drafting & Prosecution)
- Counseling & Strategic Advice