Legal 500 U.S. Ranks Oblon Spivak Among Top IP Firms For Patent Prosecution
For Immediate Release
June 7, 2012
Alexandria, Va. – Oblon, Spivak, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt, L.L.P. is pleased to announce that the Firm has been ranked again as a Top IP law firm for "Intellectual Property - Patent Prosecution: Utility and Design Patents" in the international legal directory, Legal 500 U.S. 2012. Additionally, Charles Gholz and Todd Baker are recognized as prominent practitioners. Stephen Baxter noted as a recommended attorney.
The Legal 500 U.S. 2012 rankings state:
- “IP boutique Oblon, Spivak, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt has the most active prosecution practice in terms of patent filings and has a truly global client list.
- The firm's offices are strategically placed, with its US office located close to the USPTO campus, and with a Tokyo office, which is an excellent resource for the firm's many Japanese clients such as Ricoh, Toshiba, Sony and Toyota.
- Although the practice is centered on its Asia Pacific clients, it has bulked up its domestic representations with the addition of Research In Motion, Eastman Kodak, Otis Elevator and CoreLogic. European clients include Airbus and L'Oréal.
- The firm is noted for its busy and well-established re-examination and interference practice, wherein Charles Gholz and Todd Baker are prominent practitioners. The pair have a ‘fundamental knowledge of law paralleled by a strong character, brilliant language and a winning attitude'.
- The firm's strong bench also includes Stephen Baxter, who is always recommended.
Charles Gholz, a partner in the Litigation and Patent Interferences practice groups, specializes in patent interferences in all technology areas.
Todd Baker chairs the Patent Interferences practice group and is a team leader of the firm’s Post Grant Patent Proceedings group responsible for mechanical technologies, nanotechnology, e-commerce and medical devices.
Stephen Baxter, a partner in the Chemical Patent Prosecution and Litigation practice groups, focuses his practice on a wide range of chemical and pharmaceutical patents.
Published for over 20 years, the Legal 500 Series provides the most comprehensive worldwide coverage currently available on legal services providers in over 90 countries.
Assisting clients for over 40 years, Oblon, Spivak, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt, L.L.P. is one of the largest intellectual property specialty firms in the United States. The firm provides a full range of intellectual property services, including litigation matters in all courts, as well as trademark, copyright and patent interference services.