Joint Symposium on U.S. and European Patent Practice - Important Aspects for Practitioners
The Oblon and Maiwald firms are pleased to announce a Joint Symposium on U.S. and European Patent Practice - Important Aspects for Practitioners. The symposium is to be held IN PERSON on 1 June 2023 at 13:00 JST in AP Marunouchi, Tokyo.
Please join us to learn about recent developments and current aspects of IP practice in the U.S. and Europe. Improving COVID-19 pandemic conditions makes it possible to present our annual seminar on an in-person basis only this year, however, we will still observe appropriate safety measures.
At this joint symposium, we will together examine selected current aspects of IP practice related to prosecuting applications and enforcing patents in the U.S. and in Europe. While similarities exist, applicants for U.S. and European patents need to be aware of the peculiarities and most recent developments in each system in order to achieve the best results. In particular, the symposium will address the following important topics for today’s practitioners:
1. Intellectual property and e-mobility in Europe
2. Updates on claim construction and indefiniteness issues in view of the 2023 Federal Circuit decisions in Salazar v. AT&T and Grace Instrument v. Chandler
3. Start of the Unitary Patent System, a new era in Europe
4. Ex parte Appeals before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
5. Updates on extrinsic evidence and plausibility after G 2/21 in Europe
6. Enablement issues in the U.S., is the Supreme Court about to change the law?
Presenters will include: Alexander Ortlieb (Maiwald), David Longo (Oblon), Naho Fujimoto (Maiwald), Yuki Onoe (Oblon), Derk Vos (Maiwald), and Dan Pereira (Oblon).
Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be provided at a casual reception following the symposium.
A link to register can be found here.
Alternatively, you may register by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If registering by email, please include the attendee’s name(s), company, and contact information. The final registration deadline is May 26, 2023. Attendance is limited and registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.