Frank J. West is an Of Counsel attorney in the firm's Litigation, ITC Litigation, Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices, and Patent Interferences practice groups, representing a wide range of U.S. and foreign companies, their affiliates and subsidiaries. His practice includes district court litigations, including abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) cases, Federal Circuit appeals and 337 actions before the International Trade Commission (ITC).
Mr. West has extensive experience litigating patent disputes in the federal district courts across a broad spectrum of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, hard disks, wireless communication devices, paper products, cosmetics and coated glass. He is especially skilled at handling Hatch-Waxman cases involving pharmaceuticals, explaining complex concepts in court, and handling expert witness preparation and testimony.
Mr. West also negotiates patent licenses and/or settlement agreements on behalf of clients. He further conducts due diligence reviews and advises his clients in devising best practices to protect their intellectual property, including lifecycle management of pharmaceuticals and intellectual property related to those pharmaceuticals.
- Post-J.D. studies
- University of Kansas School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Kansas (M.B.A.)
(B.A., magna cum laude)
- Phi Alpha Delta
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Missouri Supreme Court
- Virginia Supreme Court
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Vice Chair person, Patent Damages Subcommittee 2018
- Chair person, Patent Damages Subcommittee 2019
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, International Law Section, and Arbitration Section
- Missouri Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association