Craig R. Feinberg is a senior patent agent in the firm's Electrical and Mechanical Patent Prosecution groups. Mr. Feinberg assists in the review of allowed patent applications to ensure high-quality patents, including presenting petitions, submitting amendments, and conducting interviews with Patent Examiners at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to remedy any potential defects that may be found in the application. He also handles matters dealing with patent term adjustments and serves as a patent appeal procedures consultant in cases before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
Before joining Oblon, Mr. Feinberg served for 34 years with the USPTO. Initially, in the position of Primary Examiner, he handled a broad array of technologies, including those in the chemical, electrical and mechanical disciplines. Later he was appointed Deputy Chief Trial Administrator for the BPAI and was responsible for reviewing reissue, reexamination, and utility patent applications under appeal.
Mr. Feinberg was awarded the U.S. Department of Commerce Bronze Medal Award for Superior Performance in 1988 and 2004, the USPTO Exceptional Career Award in 2007 and the Patent and Trademark Office Society Outstanding Service Award in 1987. He served as a USPTO Patent Academy Instructor on practice before the USPTO (1986–1987) and a USPTO Patent Academy Lecturer on appeal process (1996–2007).
Pennsylvania State University
- Engineering Mechanics, Dean’s List
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- USPTO Exceptional Career Award (2007)
- U.S. Department of Commerce Bronze Medal Award for Superior Performance (1988 and 2004)
- Patent and Trademark Office Society Outstanding Service Award (1987)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Society, Board Member (1974–1976, 1988–1993, 1996–2008); Vice President (1985–1986); Treasurer (1977–1985)