IP Administrative Support Services Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain effective secretarial teams by reviewing, evaluating and applying changes to assignments as needed.
- Maximize secretarial utilization by partnering with administrative management team to develop long term staffing needs.
- Manage administrative and employee relations issues, in concert with the Director of Patent Administration, and in compliance with federal and local regulations.
- Encourage and improve teamwork, monitor and enhance morale and be available to discuss problems and/or issues as needed.
- Conduct routine secretarial meetings and communicate regularly with staff on policies and procedures in order to keep current on their needs and issues.
- Assess the operational effectiveness within the staff levels, quality standards, and processes and procedures, and make appropriate recommendations to ensure the consistent effectiveness of the practice group.
- Prepare annual performance appraisals, recommend salary increases, and approve overtime and leave requests.
- Conduct timely feedback to staff including preparation of written disciplinary documentation and corrective actions.
- Participate in the recruiting process for staff in concert with the Talent Management Department.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 7+ years of experience in an IP legal secretarial role, of which 5+ years are in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience and/or education in patent prosecution is required, preferably in a large law firm.
- Proactive, with ability to anticipate attorney and client needs.
- Superior leadership and team building skills.
- Superior communication and writing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to resolve conflicts with minimal direction.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects is essential.
- Possess a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
Please click here to apply.Equal Opportunity Employer