USPTO announces enhancements to Public and Private PAIR to include a new "Display References" tab, Fee Payment History, Outgoing Correspondence Docket Checkbox and more
From the USPTO e-Commerce Alert of June 15, 2011:
"Beginning on June 18, 2011, PAIR users will notice several new system enhancements.
- A new Display References tab will be available in Public PAIR where prior art forms and documents, PTO-892, PTO-1449, IDS, NPL and FOR, are listed. These forms and documents, with the exception of NPL, can now be easily viewed and downloaded from this new tab. Note: These same forms and documents are still available on the Image File Wrapper tab.
Fee Payment History
- Private PAIR users will have access to fee payment transaction history via the Fees tab for all applications associated with their Customer Number. Users will still be able to access Patent Maintenance Fees via the Fees tab. Note: Fee payment information will include Accounting Date, Fee Code, Fee Amount, Mailroom Date and Payment Method
Outgoing Correspondence - Docket checkbox
- In response to numerous requests from e-Office Action participants, the View Outgoing Correspondence search has been enhanced to include a new column labeled "Docketed." This column of checkboxes provides users the option to integrate their internal workflow with the downloading or viewing of new correspondence. When users download or view a document, the corresponding checkbox is automatically checked indicating that document has been internally processed. Private PAIR users also have the option to manually check or uncheck any checkbox as desired.
Public and Private PAIR
Patent Maintenance Fees
- The Patent Maintenance Fees window accessed via the Public and Private PAIR Fees tab has been enhanced to prevent users from inadvertently paying fees to the wrong patent. Users will now need to manually enter one of the two mandatory number fields (application number or patent number).
Attorney Docket Number
- The Attorney Docket Number has been added to the right-hand side of the title banner for any active tab as well as all printer friendly pages.
- Public and Private PAIR have been enhanced to prevent invalid ordering of "Certified Applications as Filed" and "Certified File Wrappers" for applications that do not have an official filing date.
When this situation occurs, the hyperlinks to order certified copies will be disabled.
If you have questions about the PAIR enhancements, please contact the Patent Electronic Business Center (EBC) at 866-217-9197 (toll-free) or 571-272-4100 from 6 a.m. to 12 Midnight Eastern Time, Monday - Friday or e-mail the EBC at firstname.lastname@example.org ."