Monica Yoon is an associate in the firm’s Litigation group. She litigates patents in regulated technologies, with emphasis in electrical and mechanical engineering. Ms. Yoon is also involved in drafting patent applications, providing support for patent prosecution in front of the USPTO, including analyzing Office Actions, prior art and drafting responses to Office Actions. Ms. Yoon’s practice encompasses a wide range of technologies including medical devices, automotive, aerospace, display technology, energy, consumer products, and manufacturing equipment.
Prior to joining Oblon, Ms. Yoon was IP counsel for LG Display in Seoul, Korea where she assisted the company protect and capitalize on their intellectual property. Her extensive experience covers technology transfer, patent acquisition, licensing, joint ventures, transaction negotiations, and litigation.
Ms. Yoon attended law schools in both United States and Korea. While attending Yonsei University Law School, Ms. Yoon has achieved world-class result in international moot court competitions including the Willem C. Vis moot.
Ms. Yoon is natively fluent in Korean and admitted in South Korea.
Georgetown University Law Center
- Master of Laws
- Yonsei University of Law School (J.D.)
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Bachelor of Laws
- New York
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Republic of Korea
- Registered to practice before the Korea Intellectual Property Office
- Korean Bar Association
- Korean Patent Attorney Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association