Aldo Martinez is a partner in Oblon’s Electrical Patent prosecution group. He brings more than 10 years of real-world industry experience as an electrical engineer to his practice of intellectual property law. Mr. Martinez develops world-wide patent portfolios for his clients. Using the Patent Prosecution Highway program, Track One expedited examination and examiner interviews, he expedites the prosecution of patent applications. Martinez directs and manages prosecution of foreign applications on behalf of clients in Asian, European, Latin American, and Middle Eastern countries, such as Japan, China, India, Russia, the European Union, Mexico, Argentina, Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Mr. Martinez is experienced in a wide range of technological areas including factory automation, industrial controls, wired/wireless communication systems, automotive electronics, consumer electronics, medical electronics, semiconductor fabrication, display technology (LED, LCD, TFT), Lithium ion battery charging and protection systems, computer networks, and computer software. He also helps clients identify and prosecute standard-essential applications, including applications related to NFC, IEEE 802.11, LTE, LTE-A, MPEG-DASH, ATSC, and other technological standards.
Additional experience includes:
- representing clients before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board in Ex Parte appeals
- post-grant proceedings, such as Ex Parte Reexamination and Inter Partes Review
- counseling clients regarding invalidity and infringement issues, including preparation of invalidity and non-infringement opinions.
- Florida International University College of Law (J.D.)
- Florida International University (M.S.E.E., cum laude)
- Florida International University (B.S.E.E., cum laude)
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association