Tao Feng, Ph.D. is a technical advisor in the firm’s Electrical and Mechanical Patent Prosecution practice group where he focuses on drafting patent applications and patent prosecution for domestic and international clients. His 16-years of electrical and computer engineering training has enabled him to develop diverse knowledge in many cutting-edge hardware and software technologies, with specialization in semiconductor processing and devices, integrated circuits design and manufacturing, modern wireless communications, Internet of Things, energy harvesting, mobile application, big data, and machine learning.
Prior to joining the firm, Dr. Feng was a Senior Electrical Engineer in a top RF semiconductor company which is a market leader in mobile communication. His role in this company covered design and testing of state-of-the-art RF front-end modules for 4G LTE/5G smartphones. During this time he launched several successful commercial products which have been widely used in millions of smartphones.
Dr. Feng also conducted research in energy harvesting and Internet of Things during his Ph.D. training. He has published more than ten peer-reviewed papers as the first author on IEEE journals and conferences. In addition, he also researched mobile applications, big data, and machine learning.
Dr. Feng is an active technical reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, IEEE BioCAS, IEEE ISCAS, and IEEE MWSCAS.
- Michigan State University (Ph.D.)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (M.S.)
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (B.S.)
- Electronics Engineering
- Excellent Student Scholarship in Tsinghua University, 2003 – 2007.
- Best Paper Award of International Conference on Electronic Packaging Technology & High Density Packaging, 2008.
- Tao Feng, et al, “A CMOS System-on-Chip Architecture for Passive Ultrasonic Energy Harvesting and Back-telemetry”, IEEE Transaction on VLSI Systems, vol. 24, 2016.
- Tao Feng, et al, “Self-powered Monitoring of Repeated Head Impacts using Time-dilation Energy Measurement Circuit”, IEEE Transaction on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, vol. 9, 2015.
- Tao Feng, et al, “Hybrid CMOS Rectifier based on Synergistic RF Piezoelectric Energy Scavenging”, IEEE Transaction of Circuits and Systems I, vol. 61, 2014.
- Tao Feng, et al, “High-Q On-Chip Inductors Embedded in Wafer-Level Package for RFIC Applications”, 2008 International Conference on Electronic Packaging Technology & High Density Packaging (NXP Semiconductor Best Paper Award).