Siddhartha A. Narayan is an associate in the firm’s Electrical and Mechanical practice group where he assists in the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications. Mr. Narayan’s clients represent diverse technological fields, such as imaging, wireless communication, printers, semiconductor devices and storage devices.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Narayan worked for an IP firm in Washington D.C. as a patent agent. At that firm, Mr. Narayan was involved in revising and prosecuting applications directed to telecommunications, electrical circuits, semiconductor devices, data compression, digital signal processing and imaging, data storage devices and control systems.
During law school, Mr. Narayan was part of the Intellectual Property Law clinic that provided free IP services to people in the Maryland, Virginia, and DC communities. At the clinic, Mr. Narayan advised clients on patent and trademark matters, including drafting provisional applications, conducting prior art searches and preparing trademark search reports.
While completing his degree in Electrical Engineering, Mr. Narayan interned at Lockheed Martin and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). At Lockheed, Mr. Narayan analyzed group delay, frequency response and inter-modulation data for active phase array antennas and reviewed satellite test data for the JCSAT-11 and AMC-14 satellite programs. At NIST, Mr. Narayan investigated robustness of statistical methods for determining voltage states of pulsed waveforms using MathCAD to simulate the values of signals.
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Maryland (B.S.)
- Electrical Engineering
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Best Article (co-recipient), ITCTLA 337 Reporter, Summer Associate Edition 2012
- Deep Impact Or Business As Usual? An Analysis Of The Potential Effects Of The AIA On Section 337 Investigations, ITCTLA 337 Reporter, Summer Associate Edition 2012, XXXV 337 Reporter 37 (co-authored with Mark Henderson).