Qi Yu is a technical advisor in the firm’s Electrical/Mechanical practice group. She prosecutes patent applications in a broad range of areas in the field of electrical engineering, and provides client counseling for domestic and international companies.
Ms. Yu most recently worked as a Senior Legal Counsel at a major U.S. technology company in Shanghai, China. She started her career as a Radio Frequency System Engineer at a German semiconductor company at its headquarter in Munich, Germany, after which she was employed by a U.S. patent law firm based in Singapore.
Ms. Yu serves as an Editor of the prestigious American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal. She is a Research Assistant to Professor Dmitry Karshtedt of the George Washington Law School.
- George Washington University Law School (J.D.)
- Expected 2020
- George Washington University Law School (LL.M.)
- National University of Singapore
- Graduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
- Leibniz University of Hanover (M.S.E.E.)
- Communications Engineering
- University of Shanghai for Science and Technology (B.S.E.E.)
- Automation Engineering
- Qualified Attorney-at-Law and Patent Attorney in China, the current work is supervised by Virginia-licensed attorneys.
- Expert Speaker on Trade Secret Protection at Managing Intellectual Property Global IP & Innovation Summit 2015 Shanghai, China