USPTO Announces Fee Changes
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has announced new fee rules - with many increased fees - effective January 16, 2018: PRESS RELEASE, NOTICE. Along with the announcement, the USPTO published a comparison table showing the magnitude of the fee changes relative to existing fees: TABLE.
Notable fee increases include:
- Utility Filing/Search/Examination: total increase of $120
- Provisional Filing: increase of $20
- Independent Claims in Excess of Three: increase of $40
- Claims in Excess of Twenty: increase of $20
- Utility/Reissue Issue Fee: increase of $40
- Submission of Sequence Listings Over 800MB: new fee of $10,000
- Inter Partes Review Request/Post-Institution: increase of $7,500
Please contact OBLON if you have any questions regarding the fee changes or their impact on your business.