Michael D. West is an attorney in the firm’s Patent Litigation practice group. His primary focus is on litigating patents in the mechanical, electrical, and computer software arts. Mr. West also has experience in patent prosecution drafting utility applications, drafting design applications, and completing office actions.
Mr. West’s experiences include a wide range of technologies including: telecommunications, networks, magnetron sputtering, controls, power systems, embedded systems, GPS systems, consumer electronics, hardware design, electrical, mechanical, and industrial arts. His practice includes litigation, Inter Partes Reviews (IPR), opinions, due diligence, and counseling.
While attending law school, Mr. West gained experience as a Summer Associate and a Student Associate. Prior to attending law school, Mr. West worked as a Project Manager and an Electrical Engineer at Bombardier Transportation, and an Electrical Engineer at Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc., Angstrom Sciences, and Zoll Lifecor.
- George Mason University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Pittsburgh (M.S.)
- Electrical Engineering
- University of Pittsburgh (B.S.)
- Electrical Engineering, Minor Industrial Engineering
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- American Intellectual Property Law Education Foundation, Thurgood Marshall College Fund, Sidney B. Williams, Jr. Scholarship, 2016-2017