John F. Presper is a senior patent attorney in the firm’s Litigation and ITC Litigation practice groups. Mr. Presper represents and advises clients involved in patent and other intellectual property disputes in federal court, the ITC, and the USPTO. He also provides patentability, infringement and validity opinions. Mr. Presper’s litigation experience and opinion work covers a broad range of technologies in the chemical, electrical, and mechanical arts. Additionally, Mr. Presper has litigated trademark, copyright, and software license disputes in federal district court. Mr. Presper’s practice also includes representing clients in post-grant proceedings (e.g., inter partes review proceedings) at the USPTO.
Mr. Presper actively contributes to the firm’s ITC 337 Law Blog, reporting on developments in new and pending investigations, litigation trends and statistics. He also provides practical insights into the Administrative Law Judges and commentary on important ITC decisions.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Presper was a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas P. Smith of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. He previously worked as an Intellectual Property and Strategic Business Analyst for Pratt & Whitney. While in law school, Mr. Presper interned at United Technologies Corporation and studied European Union law and economics at the Universiteit Leiden in the Netherlands.
Mr. Presper is a named inventor on three U.S. patents directed to wireless diagnostic monitoring.
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D.)
- Certificate in Intellectual Property
- Executive Editor, Connecticut Journal of International Law
- Bucknell University (B.S.)
- Chemical Engineering
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
Federal Circuit Bar Association
ITC Trial Lawyers Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association