James R. Love is a partner in the firm's Electrical Patent Prosecution practice group. He manages and prosecutes patent applications for dozens of clients in many fields including computer software, medical devices and processes, artificial intelligence, and computer hardware.
Mr. Love also has experience preparing patentability and infringement opinions. With degrees in electrical engineering and mathematics, Mr. Love has the technical knowledge to understand the complex issues his clients encounter within their industries.
Mr. Love has handled a wide variety of cases for his clients, including obtaining patents for leading electrical and mechanical companies to protect core technologies for information and communications systems, as well as medical devices and processes. He also works with clients to manage their patent portfolios, which include applications involving such issues as Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), encryption, software interfaces, and medical technologies.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Love gained practical, hands-on industry experience through positions in the computer and technology fields. In addition, he worked in the office of the U.S. Attorney General of the District of Columbia.
His medical technology experience includes pediatric and adult medical devices; endoscopic surgery image processing devices; multimodal imaging therapy; anastomosis devices; devices for medical visualization; image based wound estimation; surgical robots; surgical tools; dissolvable medical implants; PET imaging; ultrasound imaging; CT imaging; medical software; and medical monitoring.
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary (J.D.)
- Cedarville University (B.S.)
- Electrical Engineering, minor in Mathematics
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- American Bar Association, Vice-Chair, Section of Intellectual Property Law, Committee on Economics in the Profession (2009-2010)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)