Companies across the world depend on Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt to help them establish, leverage and protect their intellectual property assets in the United States and abroad. Headquartered within steps of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), with an affiliate office in Tokyo, Japan, Oblon is one of the largest law firms in the United States focusing exclusively in intellectual property law.
- For more than 40 years, Oblon has provided a full range of intellectual property services to companies based in Japan, France, Germany, Italy, the United States and other areas of the world. Many of the firm's culturally aware attorneys speak several languages, including Japanese, French, German, Mandarin and Korean, to enable more efficient communication with the firm's global clients.
- Oblon has obtained more U.S. utility patents than any other firm in the world for over 25 consecutive years.
- In addition to its renowned patent prosecution practice, the firm has an established litigation practice, having litigated precedent-setting cases such as the Festo case before the Supreme Court of the United States and the en banc Federal Circuit.
- The firm litigates in district courts throughout the U.S., before the International Trade Commission (ITC), and in appellate courts, including the Supreme Court of the United States.
- The firm also provides extensive expertise in patent interferences, patent reexamination/reissue, opinions and counseling, copyrights, trademarks and industrial design protection.
- Many of the firm’s professional staff hold doctorates or other advanced degrees in biotechnology, computer and software engineering, physics, chemistry, and many other fields.
- The firm has more than 130 patent professionals, including over 85 registered patent attorneys.