What to Know About Trademark and Patent Issues Surrounding Wearable Technology and How to Apply it to Any Client
The webcast, What to Know About Trademark and Patent Issues Surrounding Wearable Technology and How to Apply it to Any Client, was co-presented by Patrick Miller.
They discussed wearable technology in relation to intellectual property laws and issues.
The webcast covered everything you need to know to protect a company’s property rights in wearable technology including trademarks, copyrights and patents—and to protect against claims from other companies, including:
- Issues to consider in identifying technology landscape, existing IP protection, and IP ownership
- Agreements to consider to protect your IP in wearable technology
- Types of protection, including trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret, and trade dress
- Timing issues
- Geographical considerations
- Business considerations, such as cost, risk factors, internal communication