Webinar: Drafting Software Patents to Survive Section 101 and AIA Challenges
Steve Kunin and Mike Kiklis will be presenting this CLE webinar on How to Insulate Patents Against CBM & IPR Attacks.
- Challenges in drafting software patents
- Guidance from recent decisions
- Best practices for drafting software patent claims
- Benefits of claimed inventions
- Source code
- Anticipating and minimizing the risk of rejections
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the hurdles for patent counsel to demonstrate a software-related claim is not abstract?
- If an abstract idea is found, how can patent practitioners pass Alice’s step two?
- What guidance have the courts provided in recent decisions concerning patent eligibility for software-related inventions?
- What best practices should counsel use to help software-related inventions survive AIA challenges?