Post-Issuance Activities and Enforcement of Patents under the America Invents Act
Scott McKeown of Oblon, Spivak will be presenting the above webinar.
This seminar examines the new post-grant mechanisms of the America Invents Act (AIA) including Post Grant Review, Inter Partes Review, Supplemental Examination, and Transitional Program for Covered Business Method Patents. The operation and implementation of these new mechanisms will be explained, as well as the application of these new post grant USPTO proceedings to existing and future patent litigation strategies.
The AIA significantly overhauls and expands post-grant patent practice before the USPTO. Changes include:
- Creation of the new, Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB)
- Introduction of a new, fast-track, post-grant mechanisms for third party challengers
- Overhaul of current patent reexamination practices
- Implementation of collateral estoppel provisions for ITC actions/modifies District Court estoppel provisions
- In some instances, automatic stays of parallel District Court litigation
- Establishment of a special review proceedings for business method patents
- Creation of a supplemental examination provision for patent owners
For additional information or to register, please click on the above link.