Eckhard (Eck) H. Kuesters, a registered patent attorney and former design engineer, is a senior partner in the firm's Electrical Patent Prosecution group. His practice includes client counseling, all phases of patent prosecution, patent infringement and validity opinion preparation, reexamination, and litigation support. He also advises clients on licensing arrangements and negotiates the full range of licensing matters and joint research agreements.
Mr. Kuesters represents both domestic and foreign clients in obtaining U.S. patent protection and works with foreign counsel to prosecute patents overseas. An accomplished technologies patent attorney, he has experience with a broad array of technologies including semiconductor devices and methods of manufacture, electronics, computers, memories, DVD technologies, medical systems, image processing and computer-aided diagnostic equipment, telecommunications, heavy-industries innovations, wind turbines, optics, liquid crystal display (LCD) and plasma display technologies, and autonomously controlled automotive vehicles.
With eight years of experience as an electrical design engineer and developer in the fields of communications engineering and radar signal processing, Mr. Kuesters has a deep understanding of the technologies underlying his clients’ innovations and crafts the broadest patent protection for their inventions. He prides himself on personal integrity, attention to detail, responsiveness to his clients’ needs and his ability to obtain effective, cost-efficient results.
Mr. Kuesters has patented two patents in his own name, both of which were licensed.
- University of Maryland (J.D.)
- Rutgers University (B.S.)
- Electrical Engineering
- Eta Kappa Nu, Delta Theta Phi
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Customs and Patent Appeals
- U.S. Claims Court
- American Bar Association, member, Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law Section
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Industrielle (AIPPI)
- Association of University Technology Managers
- BNA's United States Patent Quarterly, Advisory Board
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Maryland Patent Law Association, Treasurer (1985-1988); Vice-President (1988-1991); President (1991-1993)
- U.S. Bar/EPO Liaison Council