Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt LLP seeks an experienced Director of Finance to provide leadership and coordination of all financial and fiscal efforts of the firm. Oblon is a mid-size intellectual property firm based in Alexandria, VA.
This individual is a strategic thinker with an appreciation and understanding of the unique needs of our practice, which focuses on patent prosecution and litigation.
The Director of Finance reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and oversees the financial and accounting operations of the firm.
- Provide analysis, reporting, and projections for the Management Committee and the Finance Committee, including annual financial and capital budgets, monthly financial statements and financial trends.
- Develop, evaluate, and direct the firm’s financial operations and performance.
- Monitor and manage cash flow, including investment of liquid assets; and maintain cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Oversee all accounting functions which include, but are not limited to billings, general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivables and collections.
- Manage financial reporting and ensure the compliance of the firm’s retirement plan with DOL, ERISA and IRS guidelines.
- Lead renewal process of annual firm insurance policies, including workers compensation, directors and officers insurance, employment practices liability and general liability and property.
- Familiarity with auditing and reporting international office year-end reports. Experience with Japanese requirements is a plus.
- Negotiate contracts and service agreements with vendors and consultants, in conjunction with the COO.
- Coordinate submissions of all local, state and federal tax reports.
- A bachelor's degree in finance or economics is required. An MBA and CPA certification are strongly preferred.
- Candidate must possess at least 5 years of experience in the management of accounting and financial operations at a large law firm.
- Proven leadership and management skill with demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a highly skilled finance team.
- Excellent analytical, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Aderant is a plus.
Oblon offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Interested candidates should apply on-line and submit a resume, cover letter, and transcript(s).
For any inquiries, please contact Alexandra Mai, Director of Legal Recruiting and Retention.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer