Oblon is committed to recruiting, retaining and mentoring a diverse workforce and to fostering an environment of respect and inclusion. We support the advancement of those from all backgrounds. We find that by drawing on the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our employees, we are able to offer more meaningful and creative legal solutions to our international client base.
We have built a community of all races, religions, genders, and sexual orientations, which most firms are still striving for. In fact, Oblon’s diversity paradigm extends beyond traditional definitions, and we have implemented firm-wide policies and programs that are designed to further our commitment to achieving a workplace where everyone has the opportunity to excel.
Some of these policies and programs include
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Hours and Arrangements
- Reduced-Hours Work Schedules
Oblon supports the engagement of our professionals in organizations that promote diversity within the local legal and business communities. The firm participates in and sponsors several organizations, including those that address the underrepresentation of women and minorities in the legal and engineering professions:
- Temple Univ. Women in Engineering Program (WEP): Corporate Sponsor
- Temple Univ. Robotics Program for Inner City High School Students: Corporate Sponsor
- Women's Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)—Women in IP Law
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- National Association of Women Judges
- American Bar Association—Lawyers of Color
- National Association of Women Judges (NAWJ)
International Guest Program
For more than 30 years, Oblon has hosted an International Guest Program that has welcomed hundreds of professionals from around the world to work at the firm on a temporary basis and learn about the U. S. patent system. Our international guests come from Japan, South Korea, China, Germany, France, Italy and Saudi Arabia.