New Applications Proofer
- Proofs new applications for accuracy to include but not limited to reviewing the client letter and all enclosures, reviewing all documents prepared by the team for accuracy and for compliance with Patent Office rules and client special instructions.
- Receives new applications for initial review and log-in which consists of completing a check list to ensure that all items are enclosed with the client’s order letter and that they are the correct forms.
- Obtains any missing documents from the various website.
- Prepares basic non template client correspondence requesting any missing items or to clarify any discrepancies.
- Sends report letters with enclosures via mail, desk top faxing, e-mail or portal.
- Prepares Declarations, Assignments and Powers of Attorney for execution and forwards them using template or non-template letters.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to prepare new applications for e-filing in the U.S. Patent Office to include but not limited to preparation of Fee Transmittal forms, ADSs, IDSs, SORs, LORs, POA cover sheets and any other necessary documents along with template correspondence and billing sheets.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Patent Office rules and procedures regarding the information that should be included in all types of new applications, letters and/or filings at any given time.
- Should have three years of patent experience in the above noted areas.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to excel in detail checking.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or three to ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have excellent attention to detail, type approximately 35-40 wpm and have keen organizational skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word applications.