Director of Marketing & Business Development
Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt LLP seeks an experienced Director of Marketing and Business Development to provide analytical and strategic leadership to the Firm in the areas of business development plans and strategies, attorney business development training, public relations and advertising strategy, and development of effective market intelligence materials and business analytics.
This individual is a strategic thinker with an appreciation and understanding of the unique needs of an established mid-size intellectual property law firm.
The Director of Marketing and Business Development reports to the Chief Operating Officer and provides guidance, support and daily oversight over the Marketing & Client Relations Assistant.
Key Professional Qualifications:
- Identify, analyze and pursue business development opportunities for the Firm, practice groups, and individual attorneys, both within the existing client base and with potential new clients.
- Direct and perform research and market intelligence gathering regarding the Firm's clients, potential clients, and competition, as well as other information related to the Firm's marketing efforts.
- Act as a creative and critical thinker in assessing the Firm's competition and in assisting practice groups and individual partners in developing well-conceived, thoughtful business plans, possessing an in-depth understanding of the legal market.
- Create and monitor business development goals and targets as a means of monitoring the success of business development efforts.
- Advance the Firm's professional image and develop the Firm's branding and communications strategies.
- Oversee the Firm's website content and development to ensure it represents the depth of legal services provided by the Firm and reflects the Firm's professional image.
- Lead and manage Firm communications activities, including external communications and systems, internal communications and systems, public relations efforts, and external vendors and consultants.
- Manage the Firm's marketing budget, including the development and presentation of methods for demonstrating return on the Firm's marketing investment.
- Coordinate submissions to attorney rating organizations.
- Candidate must possess at least 5 years of experience in the management of a business development and marketing operations at a large law firm.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required. JD or MBA is preferred.
Oblon offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.