Alex Kuo, Ph.D., is a patent agent and post-grant proceedings specialist in the firm’s Post-Grant Patent practice group. Dr. Kuo has extensive experience in assisting IP litigations involving a wide range of technical areas such as microcontrollers, consumer electronics, optical sensors, semiconductor device and fabrication, nanotechnology, industrial servers, flat panel displays, light emitting materials, wireless communications, packaging, software, and image processing. Additionally, Dr. Kuo has experience in patent prosecution, re-examination, due-diligence, and infringement/validity evaluation.
Prior to joining Oblon, Dr. Kuo was a patent agent/technology specialist at Irell and Manella. Dr. Kuo spent two years as a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, managing a research team working on broadband hemispherical photo-detector.
Dr. Kuo completed his doctoral studies in electrical engineering and computer science at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, where he developed novel transistor structures and fabrication methods for next generation flat panel displays.
- University of Michigan (Ph.D.)
- Electrical Engineering
- University of Michigan (M.S.)
- Electrical Engineering
- University of California, Berkeley (B.S.)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent Trademark Office
- NSF IGERT Fellowship
- Presidential Research Fellowship
- HKN Honor Society
- “Back Channel Etch Chemistry of Advanced a-Si:H TFTs,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 207-12, March 2011.
- “Advanced a-Si:H TFTs for AM-OLED’s: Electrical Performance and Stability,” IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 1621-9, July 2008.
- “Advanced a-Si:H TFTs: Geometric Effect on its Electrical Performance and Contact Resistance,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 3362-7, May 2008.
- “Threshold Voltage Control of the DC Sputtered Staggered Amorphous Indium-Gallium-Zinc Oxide Thin-Film Transistor,” Digest of ITC ’10.
- “Thermal and Electrical Instability of a-Si:H TFTs for FPDs” Digest of Technical Papers (SID), pp. 39-40, 2007.
- “Thermal and Electrical Instability of Amorphous Silicon Thin-Film Transistor for AM-FPD,” Digest of AM-FPD ‘06 Invited Paper, pp. 39-42, 2006.
- “Electrical Stability of Advanced Amorphous Silicon Thin-Film Transistors,” Digest of Technical Papers (SID), pp. 59-60, 2006.